What Is a Head Gasket?
The head gasket is designed to seal off fluids from leaking and mixing together. It is a thin component made of steel and has a bunch of holes in it. The head gasket sits between the engine block and cylinder heads to create an airtight seal. By doing this, the combustion reaction can take place safely within the cylinder and prevent different fluids, like the coolant and oil, from mixing.
Signs That Your Head Gasket Needs Repair
A sure way to prevent severe head gasket repairs is to get your vehicle serviced regularly. You can look in your vehicle's service manual to determine how often it needs maintenance or give Bonanno Automotive a call at 707-546-3543, and we can assist you. Head gasket leaks and any other issues with different engine components can be difficult to deal with. Our shop has all the equipment needed, such as gasket sealants, and will be sure to check your vehicle’s service manual before starting our service. We can easily take care of any issues with the spark plugs, intake manifold, or block and cylinder. Here are some signs that you may need to get your head gasket repaired:
- Leaks: If the head gasket needs to be repaired, an oil leak or coolant leak is a clear sign that something is wrong with the head gasket. This means that there are potential leaks that our technicians will need to look at. Our technicians will check to see if there are any oil and coolant leaks.
- Malfunctioning cylinders: When starting or driving your vehicle, if you notice the cylinders misfiring, this indicates the possibility that your head gasket needs to be repaired.
- Discolored fluids: The head gasket is designed to prevent different fluids from mixing. If you notice that the fluids in the engine are mixing and discolored, this could be a sign that the head gasket is broken.
- Blue smoke: When the engine is on, if the head gasket is broken, blue exhaust fumes will come out of the tailpipes. If you notice blue fumes from the exhaust, bring your vehicle to Bonanno Automotive where our technicians will investigate the problem further and repair it.
- Oil with coolant in it: The head gasket is designed to keep different fluids from mixing together in the engine. So, if the oil and coolant have mixed together, the gasket is most likely broken and needs to be repaired.
- Overheating: If the head gasket is broken, the engine oil may leak. This may result in the engine overheating since the engine oil is designed to keep the engine cool.
- Startup troubles: Cylinder misfire is an indicator that the head gasket needs to be repaired. It is important to see if there is any blue smoke coming out of the exhaust.
If you are experiencing head gasket failures, scheduling an appointment with us is a good idea. Our technicians at Bonanno Automotive in Santa Rosa are knowledgeable with anything related to the cooling system, combustion chamber, and radiator cap as well as gasket sealing. We will only charge you for the necessary services and will work with you to ensure that the repair cost remains affordable for you.
Bonanno Automotive - Your Trusted Shop for Head Gasket Repair
When the time comes to bring your vehicle in for repairs, you can bring it to Bonanno Automotive in Santa Rosa. We perform services in all aspects of auto repair, including automotive repair, scheduled maintenance, tune-ups, and hybrid services. Repairing a blown head is a simple procedure we can perform. Since 2013, we have taken a dignified and sensitive approach to auto repair, treating each and every customer with respect. We are very transparent about the services we think your vehicle needs and will never recommend any service that isn't absolutely necessary. If you are in the 95403 area or nearby, don't hesitate to bring your vehicle to Bonanno Automotive today!
Reasons You Should Do Business With Us:
To make an appointment with Bonanno Automotive in Santa Rosa, you can give us a call at 707-546-3543 or do so online. Bonanno Automotive - Quality you Can Trust, at a Fair Price!.